Call for Peitho Editor/Co-Editors
The Coalition of Feminist Scholars in the History of Rhetoric and Composition (CFSHRC) is seeking an editor (or co-editors) for Peitho, our biannual peer-reviewed online journal, beginning March 31, 2016.
In supporting the Coalition’s mission, Peitho seeks to publish research that advances the feminist study of our profession, including
- Peer-reviewed scholarly texts (i.e., essays, webtexts, standalone videos);
- Book reviews;
- Special edited content, including scholarship presented at the Coalition's Wednesday night CCCC session.
In cooperation with an associate editor (Wendy Sharer will hold this position until 2019) and Peitho’s editorial team, the editor has purview over the editorial content and production process of the journal, including managing the editorial board, issuing calls for papers, refining the journal’s submission process, and publishing the journal. The editor has the support of the Coalition’s Executive Board for all matters requiring approval.
Qualifications: A strong candidate will have:
- A strong record of feminist academic work, including research and scholarship, teaching, mentoring, and service;
- A strong record of affiliation with the Coalition (i.e., membership, Coalition-related service work, participation in Feminisms and Rhetorics conferences, involvement in Peitho);
- Working knowledge of available resources for digital scholarship and digital publication (NB: experience with WordPress, the platform for the journal, is particularly desirable);
- Relevant editorial experience and a vision for the future of the journal;
- A career record of collegiality as well as outstanding planning and communication skills;
- A firm commitment of support from their home institutions (i.e., release time, interns or research assistants).
- Serve as editor for four years, assuming responsibility for Peitho 19.1 (Fall/Winter 2016) through Peitho 22.2 (Spring/Summer 2020);
- Manage the submission, editorial, and online publication process for two issues of Peitho per year (Fall/Winter, launched in September or October; Spring/Summer, launched in March or April) in coordination with the Associate Editor;
- Participate in the search for a new Associate Editor when needed;
- Serve as an ex officio (nonvoting) member of the CFSHRC Advisory Board and attend regular Board meetings on Wednesday afternoons at CCCC and during the biennial Feminisms and Rhetorics conference.
The Coalition will cover the editor’s registration fee for the biennial Feminisms and Rhetorics conference. Financial arrangements regarding the Coalition’s funding for software and technology, training, interns, stipends, and other items related to the journal will be negotiated at the beginning of the editor’s term.
Applicants should email a CV and cover letter, describing their qualifications and detailing how their institution will support their editorship, to Lindal Buchanan, firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 15, 2016.